Office for Equal Opportunity
The State of Arizona
- Seeks to improve and enrich the quality of life for all Arizona citizens
- Is fully dedicated to the philosophy and practice of equal economic and employment opportunity for all citizens
- Seeks to enrich and facilitate programs designed to enhance the growth and development of minority and women-owned business enterprise
- Prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or political affiliation except where any of these factors is an existing bona fide occupational qualification
- Intends to remove all existing barriers that have hindered qualified applicants and employees from full consideration for positions because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status.
The Governor’s Office of Equal Opportunity
- Administers the State’s Equal Opportunity Guidelines
- Monitors compliance with State Agency equal opportunity plans
- Processes State of Arizona employee equal opportunity complaints
- Provides training for State Agency Equal Opportunity Administrators
- Offers facilitative mediation services for State Agencies
- Provides information and referrals to local and national resources as requested.
The policy to provide equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to...
- Hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, or demotion
- Recruitment, advertising, and all solicitation for employment
- Treatment during employment
- Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
- Selection for education and training
- Layoff, termination or reinstatement
- State service exam process.